· Friendly, personable, works well on teams · Strong work ethic, fast learner
· Extensive experience in ministry and leadership · High quality standards, detail-oriented
· Passion and abilities in interior design · Excels in both creative and logical thinking
· Background in mentoring and working with students · Well-versed in teaching individuals and groups
· Very organized,
punctual and responsible · Experience in substitute teaching and tutoring
· Skills in buying, merchandising, management, bookkeeping · Published writer with Crossway and Invert
Interior Designers Institute, Newport Beach, CA, 2009
Certificate in Interior Design, IDI Hall of Fame
Youth For Christ, Denver, CO, 2004
University of California, Irvine, CA, 1997-2001
Bachelors in Biological Sciences, Cum Laude
· Scout unique and exceptionally designed homes in the Southern California area.
· Interview residents and designers, photograph the home, edit photos, create and write blog post.
· Original employee, helped establish store from opening day, August 2009.
· Lead buyer and scout of local artists, vendor relations.
· Head merchandiser and trend forecaster, attend trade shows.
· Manage staff, delegate responsibilities and create schedule.
· Oversee purchasing and receiving, analysis reports, events, customer service.
· Use Quickbooks to handle bookkeeping and accounting tasks for the store, including sales analysis, deposits, balance sheets, reconciliation, invoices, bill pay, check runs.
LOVE: By Design, 2010-Present, Non-profit focused on redesigning spaces for those in need in the community.
· Established out of a desire to use interior design to serve those in need...those who give so much yet have so little.
· Mentored and coached student teams and individual students.
· Initiated and coordinated local network meetings.
· Planned and executed training events, events, trips and service projects.
· Responsible for monthly newsletter, graphics, photography, website and database maintenance using Excel and Access.
· Wrote multiple curricula and workbooks using Word and Publisher.
· Writer for three published youth books for Invert Publishing and Crossway Publishing.
· Spoke and taught at various trainings and conferences.
· Served on a National Leadership Team.
Valley Christian High School, 2002, Private High School.
Substitute Teacher, Cerritos, CA
· Passed the CBEST and substitute taught grades 9-12, all subjects.
Accounting, HR, and Seminar Services Departments, Long Beach, CA
· Responsible for several administrative responsibilities such as filing, sending out invoices, time and expense reports, copying, binding, shipping, organization, phones, etc.
· Word processing and data entry on both Mac and PC.